Scan our list of Frequently Asked Questions to get answers about NPC and our capabilities. If you cannot find answers to your questions, contact NPC and a representative will be in touch with you.
- What does NPC stand for?
- News Printing Company was the original company name, but was officially changed to NPC on January 2, 2002.
- Where are you located? How do I get there?
- Our main office and production facility is located in Claysburg, Pennsylvania. Go to the Contact NPC page for complete mailing address.
- How long have you been in business?
- NPC was founded in 1954.
- Are you privately or publicly owned? Are you a union shop?
- NPC is a non-union, privately owned company.
- What business associations does NPC belong to?
- NPC is a member of a number of organizations. Visit our Awards & Affiliations page for a complete list.
- What type of printing do you do?
- NPC is a mid- to large-volume printer with offset, sheetfed — both coldset and heatset — and digital printing capabilities.
- Can you print variable data?
- Yes. NPC can take your document and apply variable data to the printing piece.
- Do you provide on-demand printing?
- Yes. Our Digital Print capabilities offer customers a number of options when it comes to print on-demand.
- Is your equipment list available on your website?
- No, but if you would like to request a copy of our equipment list, please contact a member of our sales staff by calling 1-800-847-5757.
- Do you participate in the GPO SPA program?
- Yes, NPC is an active participant in the Government Printing Office's SPA (Simplified Purchase Agreement) program. Visit our Partner & Customer Solutions for Federal Government for more information.
- Do you offer complete fulfillment and distribution services?
- Yes, NPC has a full range of fulfillment (pick-and-pack, kitting, etc.) and distribution services, along with a number of warehousing and inventory management solutions. Contact a member of our sales staff today to discuss how NPC can assist you with your fulfillment and distribution needs.
- What type of security printing can you provide?
- ConfiDoc®, a branded service of NPC, combines the technology and intelligence of print customization with high security printing to deliver secure and intelligent document solutions ranging from basic copy protection to high-security authentication for coupons.
- Is NPC certified to use FSC and/or SFI certified paper?
- Yes. NPC made the investment to become Chain of Custody (CoC) certified by the Forest Stewardship Council™ (FSC) and Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI) in February 2009. Printed products leaving our facilities with the FSC and SFI marks indicate that the raw materials for these products originated from certified, well-managed forests and other verifiable sources.
- What types of file formats do you accept?
- NPC accepts both MAC and PC files in a number of different file formats. If you have any questions contact an NPC Customer Service Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I transfer secure files to NPC?
- NPC does have secure file transfer capabilities. Contact your NPC Customer Service Specialist for details.
- What are your credit terms?
- Orders placed with NPC are contingent upon acceptable credit terms. Orders are not accepted until terms are established. Customer agrees that after 15 days from the date of delivery that all products/services were received in accordance with their signed purchase order. Customer also agrees to pay a service charge of one and one half percent (1½%) per month computed on the unpaid delinquent balance per established credit terms until the account is paid in full.